Friday 8 June 2012

It's a Bittersweet Symphony

    Day 19
     "Hi Jess, how are you?"

I went to school today! Only for like an hour, but it still counts. I slept through my alarm again, so I decided to walk to school just in time for last period, just so I could say I went to school on my last day. I'm really kind of sad about it being my last day of grade eleven. It was a tough year, but I made it out alive. Don't ask me about my grades.
A few of my friends are graduating this year. I'm going to be so sad to see them go, but at least we have the summer together. Plus, most of them are going to school nearby, so that's nice.
It's a bittersweet day, just like I knew it would be. On one hand, I'm sad I won't see my fellow classmates every day, but on the other, I am so excited for the summer. I have so much planned! I just have to make it through exam week and I'm golden.
I also decided to attend last period because it's Spanish class, and we had a fiesta! We had tostadas and it made me feel like I was back in Guatemala again. So nice. After that I got on the bus to go home.
When I got off the bus, I noticed my friend Adam was sitting behind me. He was going to his friend's house, which is like 2 minutes from mine. On the way home he told me that him and his friend were going to come egg my house. I didn't believe him until he sent me a picture of an egg carton with three eggs in it. So I told him I left the country.
I spent the rest of the evening eating anything I could find in my refrigerator, and editing pictures.
                                                                                                      -Jess Dryden

No comments:

Post a Comment